Classically Jewish - Virtual
Classically Jewish - Virtual Concert
Classically Jewish, the concerts will feature works by Jewish composers or inspired by Jewish themes. These will be presented through Zoom with live guest artists to introduce and discuss the pieces with you. This series is brought to you in collaboration with Vancouver's Music Friends.
- Thursday, April 29 at 2pm -- four hands piano works by Mendelssohn, Milhaud, Moszkowski, Rodgers, Kern and more, performed by Scott Meek and Clare Yuan.
- Thursday May 20 at 2pm -- Sunny Qu, piano doing a Gershwin-centric program.
- Sunday, June 27 at 4 pm -- Leah Giselle Field, mezzo-soprano and Eric Wong, piano "Jewish Potpourri: from art songs to folk music and musical theatre selections"
- Monday, July 26 at 2 pm -- Younggun Kim, piano performing Godowsky's rearrangements of Chopin's etudes plus Russian Jewish composer Nikolai Kapustin contemporary selections.
For registration, please click on the link below
Questions? Please contact Andrea at [email protected]
Unless otherwise specified by a program director or within any other documentation, the following cancellation policy and JCC Credit timetable applies to all Prosserman JCC programs:
For Programs that Meet Fewer Than 3 Times
Due to the costs and booking commitments associated with short-term programs, we regret that we cannot offer any JCC Credit for programs, classes, or events that meet fewer than three times per programming season. Additionally, The Prosserman JCC cannot be responsible for providing make-ups or issuing any credit for programs missed as a result of personal scheduling conflicts, illness, emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control. If you are unable to attend a program in this category, we encourage you to consider your registration fee a form of support for the Prosserman JCC, helping to sustain wonderful programs.
For Programs that Meet 3+ Times
You may receive JCC Credit for withdrawal from a program when your cancellation request conforms to the timetable outlined below. Please note there is a $15 processing fee for all transfers and cancellations.
- Full JCC Credit will be granted for withdrawal from a Prosserman JCC program when a written request is received at least one week before the date of the first class.
- 50% JCC Credit will be granted for withdrawal from a JCC program when a written request is received before the second class.
- After the second class, JCC Credit cannot be granted. (However, you may transfer from one class to another of equal or lesser value if there is space available and with the program director's approval.)
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to: Prosserman JCC 9600 Bathurst Street, Vaughan Ontario, L6A 3Z8, Attn: Registration; or by e-mail to [email protected] Please allow three to four weeks for processing of your cancellation request.
*All JCC programs and events are subject to change or cancellation. However, in the event that the JCC must cancel its own program, refunds will be issued. The policy articulated here applies to Prosserman JCC only, and does not apply to Centre Camp, Prosserman JCC daycare and preschool or Prosserman JCC Fitness and Health.
In order to receive the member discount on programs, the Prosserman JCC requires that participants be active members at the time of registration and throughout the duration of the registered program(s).
Please be advised that the Prosserman JCC operates on a JCC Credit only policy and does not issue any refunds unless otherwise advised and approved by a program director.
JCC Credit applied to your JCC account can be redeemed for any program at the JCC (not including Centre Camp and Prosserman JCC daycare and preschool), can be used by any family member on your account, and carries no expiration date.
Registration for Prosserman JCC programs closes one week before the start date of a course. For some classes we accept registrations until the program has reached 50% of its classes.
We recommend registering as early as possible, as many programs have limited space, and other programs depend upon a certain enrollment number to ensure they will run. Your place in a program can only be guaranteed when accompanied by payment.